The Code of Fundraising Practice sets out the responsibilities that apply to fundraising carried out by charitable institutions and third-party fundraisers in the UK.
The code aims to:
- promote a consistent, high standard of fundraising;
- make sure charitable institutions, their governing bodies and fundraisers know what is expected of them;
- set out standards when considering complaints;
- provide a benchmark for organisations and fundraisers to assess their practices against so they can identify necessary training and monitor and set policy priorities for their fundraising;
- develop a culture of honesty, openness and respect between fundraisers and the public.
Visit the Fundraising Regulator website to find more information and updates on the code, click on the button below to see how the code is used and implemented.